Drought and Plumbing – Chino
We’re in the fourth year of an historic drought, and we can all look for things to do to help save water.
• Cut your shower time from 10 minutes to 5 minutes.
saves up to 12.5 gallons per shower
• Turn off the faucet while you’re brushing your teeth.
saves up to 4.5 gallons every time
• Only run your dishwasher when it’s completely full.
saves 5-10 gallons per skipped cycle
• Defrost food in the refrigerator instead of using running water.
saves up to 2.5 gallons per minute of avoided use
• When doing laundry, match your washing machine’s water setting with the size of your load.
• Soak your pots and pans in the sink instead of using running water.
Remember – every little bit helps. For a plumber’s advice on saving water, call Dave at (909) 592-5855.